Breakfast!

{Photo from The Pioneer Women website}


*

I came across this recipe a while ago, but dug it out this weekend. Its brilliant and so simple. Its a recipe for a dry mix of pancakes. You make a bunch and then you basically have your own homemade bisquick, so that whenever you want pancakes you just add an egg, a cup of milk & some butter and there you go! I like to put the dry mix in one of those gallon ziploc bags and write what I'm supposed to add on the outside of it. Its so easy, its kind of silly we've all been spending money on pancake mix all these years!

*
While searching for this recipe again, I was looking on Pioneer Woman and she uses cake flour in her pancake recipe. They don't sell cake flour here, so I haven't tried the recipe myself, but I thought it was interesting and thought I'd pass it on as well!

*

We had a group of friends over for brunch this morning. It was such a nice break to our normal routine. Plus then I had the rest of the day to do nothing

*

Next week is my last week at my job. I'm pretty excited about it. My husband and I are starting to somwhat wrap up our time here in Kuwait and I had just finished a big project at work. It's a good time to make a clean break. I'm looking forward to some time off. I can check off "Worked in the Middle East" from my list of accomplishments and can now focus on squeezing some more exploring/experiences/traveling into our remaining time here.

*

We've planned a spur of the moment trip to Paris in the next couple of weeks. I'm super excited. I've always wanted to go. I just wish I had some more time to brush up on my French! More to come!

*

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment