Shopping at the Mall







In Kuwait you can shop and eat until you drop (or go broke, whichever comes first!). There are tons of malls, shops and restaurants. We've been to two of the malls now. The Avenue's mall is where the Ikea is. We didn't walk around too much because, let's face it, Ikea is enough of an undertaking for one day.
*
The 360 mall is one of the new malls in Kuwait. The pictures above are from the 360 mall. The top floor is a food court. The first and second are shopping, and then the basement is actually our favorite grocery store. Its really strange that its in a mall, I know...
*
We visited the food court while we were there and it was pretty great. They had all the American norms including: cheap Chinese food, a sub shop, ice cream, burgers, etc. They also had some fancier sit down restaurants, dessert shops, juice bars, and coffee shops mixed in. Jason and I chose falafel. The picture above is Jason's. It had pomegranate on it (among other things). It was good! (I don't know if the picture makes it look good though)
*
I have taken quite a few pictures recently, so I have a whole stockpile of fun to share with you soon! Just as a teaser, we visited an antique shop today that is my new favorite place. We also are venturing out to dessert tomorrow. It should be interesting. Wish me luck and keep your fingers crossed there isn't a dust storm, because I will probably refuse to go if there is! :)
*
Happy Weekend Everyone!

5 comments:

  1. I love falafel, pomegranate is an interesting twist...what was the sauce like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. is the glass Chihuly?? is the very top one also glass...can't tell from picture...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just got hummus as our sauce with the falafel. There was a white sauce and Jason wanted to try it in a cup, but they couldn't do that. You can't go outside of the box here with anything, (food wise at least). I tried asking them to half my sandwich order at the hotel restaurant and you would have thought I asked them to do handstands. :) We'll have to try the white sauce next time and let you know.

    I have no idea who did the glass in the mall. There wasn't a placard that I could see. Both were glass, that I could tell anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it does look like chihuly (whose display is in columbus at the franklin park conservatory right now btw) - what a breathtaking place - such artistry and beauty incorporated in the mall design - I know you would LOVE to work for an architecture firm there Whitney! and I love the pomegranate twist -- they are also supposed to be sooo good for you - I think I'm actually starting to get jealous of all you are experiencing there! thanks for the continuous posts - we love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't be too jealous! I'm only posting the good stuff so far :)

    ReplyDelete