Back to Work...


I started my job today. It was much different than the fun and layed back Austin work life that I'm used to :( Its pretty strict it seems. I have strict work hours with a time card (yes, like an old fashioned one). I brought a can of soup for lunch, only to discover that they don't have a microwave. So I ate my sad little granola bar and read a book while everyone spoke Arabic around me.
*
I was immediately put on two projects and I feel confident with the knowledge of products that I took away from my last job. So I feel like I know what I'm doing - always a good thing. I'm hopeful that the projects will be cool despite the work environment. Keep your fingers crossed. Above is a picture out the window of the floor I work on.
*
I'll be better prepared tomorrow and I have some new things on my agenda:
Task #1 - buy non-microwaveable lunch food
Task #2 - learn arabic
Task #3 - kick butt

6 comments:

  1. You go Whitney! Sounds like you have a good plan for day #2. Now go kick some butt...and don't forget the non-microwaveable lunch food :-)
    Thanks for keeping us posted!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of a job do you have - one that you can use your special education in? How do you get to and from work? It's always fun to hear from you.

    Love, GrandmaC xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What she meant was Kick My Husbands Butt for Dragging Me Out Here

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and the beat goes on....loved chatting with you yesterday hugs, mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. well...4 days into it...i hope you have kicked some serious butt!

    ReplyDelete