I'm Alive!

Ugh, I know I've been really bad about posting lately!  I would blame it on the fact that we've been really busy (which we have) but we're always a little busy and I seem to find time.  I think my problem is that I've been boycotting the computer.  I stare at one all day at work and then don't feel any desire to sit at my laptop when I come home.  But anyways...  Its been a good month!  To recap:

4th of July fireworks at the Rockies game

July started with a trip from my dad and brother.  It was a quick trip, but we were able to go to a Rockies game and see the 4th of July fireworks.  They were some of the best fireworks I have seen.  We did some hiking and exploring while they were here too.

Hiking in the foothills

Then the following weekend was spent in Nebraska with my friend that we met overseas.  It was a long drive, but it was so worth it.  She's home for part of the summer visiting family before they move overseas again (this time to somewhere not so hot and dusty!). 

Birthday Dessert

Then my birthday weekend!  My husband surprised me with flying in one of my best friends and planning a packed weekend full of stuff for us to do.  We did so much and it was a lot of fun.  It went by too fast was all!  My favorite parts were probably the night we went and listened to salsa music in Boulder and the day he dropped us off at the spa and went to prepare for the evening's festivities.  We went to the woodhouse spa in Denver and it was really nice.  I had been to the one in Austin, but didn't know it was a chain until then.  It was in an old restored house that was really cool.  The below pictures are from the botanical gardens.  They were the prettiest I've seen.  Don't go when its 100 degrees though like we did :)

Botanical Gardens

Botanical Gardens

THEN the following weekend, our friends from Ohio came to visit us.  We took them on a brewery tour around the area.  We did 4 breweries, hiked, ate, explored, shopped... until we dropped.  Another awesome weekend, but we were worn out afterwards.

More Hiking

Then to finish it off, my dad came and spent the night when he was in Denver on business.  Another quick trip, but we enjoyed hanging out that one night.

See, I told you I've been busy!  There was work mixed in between all those weekends, but nothing to report there.  Its still dull as ever.  BUT I go down to part time next week and I'm pretty excited about that.  I'll have one day off a week and I'm really looking forward to having a little more time at home and not feeling like I'm always either coming or going from work. 

August will be another packed month, but I'll try to be better about sharing!  We are going to have a house full of guests next weekend and then the following week I have some top secret husband birthday festivities planned.  More to come...

Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment: