Snow Day






Its 3 days until Christmas and we're temporarily snowed in.  The weather channel says that we got 4-6 inches last night and are expected to get about the same today... totaling about 1'.  I believe they have been misinformed, however.  We already had about 4 inches when I went to bed last night and it continued to snow all night long.  Our neighborhood was plowed around 4 am this morning, and when I tried to go out at 6 I could hardly tell because it was up to my ankles again already.  That's at least another 4 inches in 2 hours!
*
The thing about Denver though, is that they handle snow well.  Snow doesn't stop these folks.  So I wasn't sure if I should question my inner Texan that was urging me to go get back in bed and then later go out and buy mass amounts of canned food and toilet paper. 
*
I decided to put on my big girl pants though (and my snow boots) and got in my car and decided I was going to be tough.  After slip sliding my way through the neighborhood (which I had hoped was much worse than the main roads), I got to the entry of our development.  There was a car already stuck in an embankment beside me.  The roads were so covered in ice and snow that my car couldn't get traction and I couldn't see the lines on the road.  SO I decided to be smart and return home.  Hopefully I'm not the only one in the office that couldn't make it in....
*
I got bored last night and decided to take my dad's advice and play with the camera lens he got me that creates starbursts.  I took the pictures above from our yard and of our tree.  The first picture is of our neighbor's pine tree in their front yard.  It's by far the best Christmas tree I've ever seen.  I don't know them, but I kind of feel like I should go congratulate them.  Its amazing.  They used both small and large bulbs and you can't tell where any of the strands are.  Not like our Charlie Brown trees with their snaking lights :)
*
Hope you're having a good day!  I'm enjoying my snow day.  I much prefer it over the "dust" days we had in Kuwait.

No comments:

Post a Comment