Hoppin' the Pond


Well my trip is almost over and I can't believe it. I have mixed emotions about going back. I miss my husband, my bed, and my friends, but wouldn't be against just bringing those three things here and not going back to the Middle East :) I will say though that his trip has reinforced the feeling that home truly is wherever my husband is. One day I hope to have an actual home tied to that concept, but that's probably quite a ways away at the moment.
*
We had a really big cold front, as I'm sure most of your are experiencing right now as well, so my outdoor activities have been limited the last couple days of my trip. I wish I could have run around the lake one more time, but 15 degrees is too cold! The thing I miss most about the States when I'm in Kuwait (besides family/friends) is the fresh air. I love being outside and just breathing deep. I've tried to savor it while I've been home, but I don't think you can ever get enough.
*
Wish me luck on my long trek over the pond and keep your fingers crossed for an uneventful trip. Kuwait is currently ramping up their celebratios for the 50/20 anniversary of Kuwait (50 years of independance and 20 years since the invasion), so that will be interesting to return to.
*
Everyone enjoy your day despite the cold and be thankful for all that you have.


2 comments:

  1. I wish you didn't have to go back either!
    Jason--Be Nice!
    We miss the both of you so much!

    ReplyDelete