We're Back!





















Santorini was amazing.
*
The weather was perfect. When we were planning the trip, we wondered if we were going to be the only idiots going to the tropical island the week before Thanksgiving. Luckily it worked out perfectly, because the last few cruise ships arrived at the island that weekend, so a lot of the shops and restaurants were open and the streets were busy enough to not feel like a ghost town but not packed.
*
There was enough sun during the day that we were warm and got a little bit of a tan while we were out, and it was chilly enough at night to wear a light coat. The sunsets were amazing. If you could wake up and bask in the sun in Santorini every morning, you'd live a happy life.
*
Every morning we would get up and have breakfast overlooking the water from atop the cliffs. I tried to ingrain that view into my head so that I could imagine it when I was here in Kuwait. So far it has only made me wish I wasn't in Kuwait, but I'm working on that...
*
We had so much good food and good wine when we were there. I have finally trained myself to like olives too! Kalamata, to be specific. The green ones are still a little salty for me. We ended up renting 4-wheelers for most of our trip and had so much fun just exploring the island on our own.
*
Add Santorini onto that list of places to go, along with Prague and Munich. :)

2 comments:

  1. It does look amazing. I love all the shots...my favorite being the cat popping out of the architecture...the color and comedy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina12/22/2010

    Wow- those are some beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete