Prague Part II











So our trip was AMAZING! We started off in Munich where we met up with friends. We lucked out with a pretty great hotel that was in a quaint little neighborhood and not far from the train. We filled our first two days with Oktoberfest merriment and then went sightseeing the last day. Our first day of Oktoberfest was a weekday, which was perfect because it wasn't quite as busy as the weekend and we were able to get a table in the Hofbrau house. That was the tent we hung out in the most. By the weekend it was a sea of people.
*
Three days of Munich was about all we could handle though. Our diet for the first part of the trip consisted mostly of beer, pretzels, sausage & saurkraut. I even bought some saurkraut when we got home because I was going through withdrawels!
*
Then Prague.... I feel like I can't accurately explain or capture Prague other than just telling you its amazing. If its not on your "must see" list, then add it immediately. All the buildings are perfect with so many intricate details. Everywhere you turn there's something old and cool. It was overcast mostly while we were there, but I felt like it was fitting because Prague seems like a very moody/brooding city with all of its gargoyles and towers. We spent a whole week there and I really feel like we "did" the city. We walked EVERYWHERE and experienced so many amazing things. I hope you all get a chance to go.

2 comments:

  1. Anastasia10/13/2010

    Thank you for sharing this with us, Whitney! I've always wanted to travel the world, especially in the past year or so- I never know WHERE, but just know I want to see something! Now I know- Prague is a definite must some day =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10/17/2010

    Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. Thanks for sharing the beautiful, interesting scenes of Munich and Prague. It's probably good that you did not stay longer in Muich. Just how much beer could your system handle ??Love, Gma Sned

    ReplyDelete