Granola


Granola here is expensive, so I decided to make my own! It turned out pretty good and was easy to make, so I thought I'd share the recipe. I unfortunately can't take credit for it though, its from Everyday Food
*
Honey-Pecan Granola

-Preheat oven to 300 degrees
-In a large bowl combine 3 c. rolled oats, 1.5 c. chopped pecans, 3 T unsalted butter (melted), 1/3 cup wildflower or orange blossom honey, and 1/2 t. coarse salt
-Mix well to coat
-Transfer to a parchment-lined pan and spread in an even layer
-Bake until oats are lightly golden, 30 minutes, stirring halfway through
-Makes 4.5 cups
*
Whitney's Note: I used regular honey and I lined my pan with aluminum foil and it worked fine as well. I also added cinnamon to the bowl and then raisins when it was done!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to try this....no flour! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the best granola ever - have made it many times and get such rave reviews every time - for an extra treat sprinkle chocolate chips on the granola once you remove it from the oven - let it melt just a bit then mix and it makes it an extra special treat to gift! thanks for sharing Whitney!

    ReplyDelete