Mini Getaway!

See Ya Kuwait!

Failika Island - We weren't able to get off and explore, but there are remains from the Iraqi occupation and it was once colonized by the Ancient Greeks. For more information, *CLICK HERE*
The other island we saw was not as established as Failika. It was basically a sand bar with a cell tower but the water was really clear and we got to swim around the coral here.

It's been a busy week and I've fallen behind on posting! First of all, I had a wonderful birthday. Thanks to everyone that helped make it special!
*
Next, I started a new job last week. So far so good. The work atmosphere is 100% better than the last job and I'm much more happy with it so far. Plus I was immediately put on a big project and the interior part is all mine :) That's exciting for me. It's been nice feeling productive again as well.
*
Yesterday we had the chance to spend the day on a yacht in the gulf. It was great! We got to see a couple of the islands, swim and see tropical fish and coral, and tan until our heart's content (or in my case until I was a nice shade of lobster red, despite all my sun block re-applications - I think I thought I was tougher than I really am!). I can now say that I've swam in the Persian Gulf though.
*
I'm still recovering from all the sun. I don't think I've had a bad sun burn in years, I'm usually very careful. It's taken all my energy. I was exhausted when we got back last night.
*
Today will be a quiet day, just getting ready for another week. Keep your fingers crossed that the job remains likable! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I got burnt in HH using 15spf...I guess that's what happens when you get older and don't see the sun as often. :( Remember when we used to go to the beach and use spf4?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I DO remember. I remember using tanning oil too. Not anymore though. I applied 30 once then 55 twice and still got burned! The sun here is intense! I've been hiding indoors ever since ;)

    ReplyDelete