Celebrate World Environment Day!

( Put in Bay, Ohio)

June 5th was World Environment Day, so in celebration all things on my blog are "green" today!
*
Living more sustainably is very difficult in Kuwait. There is no recycling system and from what I've seen, there isn't much concern over individual's impacts on the environment. I mentioned in a previous blog that they are dumping their garbage into the gulf! :(
*
I do what I can with the limited resources I have over here, but it still kills me to throw stuff away that could be recycled! I've started looking into doing my own composting, but haven't taken on the task yet. It kind of grosses me out to be honest, but I know its the right thing to do. If anyone has any composting suggestions (i.e. ways to make it less gross), techniques or words of wisdom, feel free to pass them on!

1 comment:

  1. http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=754&f=29452

    Check this out! Its a way to compost inside (at least for the first part of scrapping your plates etc) The reviews say that you should still have a larger collection spot outside but this could be a good start!!

    ReplyDelete