Back to the Plant Souk





I finally have started re-potting some of the plants we bought a couple of months ago, getting them out of the black plastic containers they came in! Before I started I had to make a trip to the plant souk for potting soil.
*
Here are some pictures of the plant souk. Its a long strip of plant shops. Most have similiar things, but not all have them at the same prices. I'm still searching for a big pot for the gardenia bush/tree that we bought. One store was going to sell me a big plastic one that looks like a plain terra cotta pot for 44KD (multiply that by 3.5 for US Dollars). Another store was going to sell me the same pot for 4KD. Ridiculous.
*
I'm not very good with plants. I'm desperately trying though to keep ours from wilting! I still have not re-potted the gardenia, but I did re-pot our jasmine tree yesterday and made a mess! I severed half of the roots in the process as well. So far the tree seems to be doing ok, but I'm hoping it doesn't go into shock soon!
*
I found two more cool little plants that we just had to have while at the plant souk. Pictures of them to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment