More Antiques!












The antique shop that I posted about before, Gloria's, has closed :( BUT there's another place in town that we had been told about called Bida's. We were able to make it over there last weekend and it was SO cool. There was double the amount of stuff, if not triple, than Gloria's. There was so much that everytime you walked into a room you saw something different. They had a good mix of things from different cultures, some almost museum looking pieces (like the carriage), pieces that we'd never be able to afford (or fit in a house), to things we could afford and small trinkets.... something for everyone! Some stuff seemed slightly more expensive than Gloria's, but what are you going to do?
*
We saw a ton of cool stuff that we would love to take home with us! Its expensive though, so we have to pace ourselves. I'm absolutely crazy about the carved wood, I love all the pattern. I wish they'd let me just take a chunk off one of those doors and go hang it on my wall. I'll keep looking :)
*
Jason and I did, however, buy our first piece! You'll have to wait until the next post to see what we bought though! See how I keep my blog followers? Pure suspense. ;)

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a dangerous haunt you've found...

    ReplyDelete
  2. that wood piece IS amazing...hurry up and post what you bought (it better not be the carriage lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun you must be having!!! Looks like India inspirations too. Do they bargain there?

    ReplyDelete