It's not the preffered method, but its a method

Since I know you're interested in every part of the Middle Eastern culture... :)
View from the treadmill at the gym
*
Some people in this part of the world choose to use toilets like this. I took this picture in the gym locker rooms (the next stall is normal, in case you were wondering!). Most toilets here are normal, they just have an added hand wash hose hung on the wall next to the toilet in case you want to get extra clean. Before prayer, 5 times daily, they're required to completely clean themselves. That's what the hose next to the toilets are for.
*
Since privacy is such a big deal here though, the public restroom stalls are completely enclosed. The walls and the door go from floor to ceiling and there aren't the little peek-a-boo cracks around the door. I like that part of the bathrooms a lot! At the gym was actually the first time I had seen the hole in the ground toilet. All the other toilets are normal (just with the added hose).

3 comments:

  1. Arabic version of a French Bidet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The toilets in China are like that too! Its quite the experience! haha! I had to use one after I'd been shopping all day... so I had to maneuver it with all my loot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh...This is the type of toilets that were everywhere in China when I was there. Sure to develop thigh muscles! I'm so glad you have a choice dear one!

    ReplyDelete