Look Out Kuwait, I've gone Mobile






We got our new driver's licenses last week. Our government has worked out some sort of deal with their government in regards to the process because we got the VIP treatment. For the average person, we hear that the process to get a license is very difficult and sometimes its rejected for no reason to try to limit the amount of people on the roads. However, we were ushered to the front of the line and walked out soon after with no issues. The pictures above were from driving around today. Being the driver, I was in control of when we decided to stop and take spy pictures from the car :)
*
I was so excited the morning we got our licenses because I knew that I'd get to leave work for a couple of hours to do the test. Sad? I know...
*
We leased a car for me this week too! Jason's been scouting out all the dealerships and finding the best car for the best deal. We only looked at cars with 5-star crash testing and low rollover because of the bad driving conditions here. We landed on the Subaru Tribeca (are you smiling dad?). I drove it today for the first time with no incidents to report and I like it. It's a good size, not too big and not too small.
*
Our favorite antique shop, the one I've posted pictures of, is closing :( I guess the rent is too high and she can't find another space for less so she's boycotting the country and moving her shop somewhere else. We went down to see what was left and there wasn't much. We bought one little trinket to give as a present, but there wasn't anything else that really stood out to us. We've heard of 2 other antique places similiar to this that we'll have to go check out. So we have more exploring to do.
*
Happy weekend!

2 comments:

  1. So jealous! I love the Tribeca!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your pictures, even if they are brown! Congrats on your driver's license - I'm sure that will be great to have for some freedom. Love you!

    ReplyDelete