Week Two...


I hope everyone had a good Valentines Day! We had a good one here. This week has been fairly quiet though. I've gone out a couple of times, but we haven't done anything that I could really take pictures of and share with you. The above new plant is one of my Valentines gifts from Jason. We had gone to one of the big new malls the day before and I was drooling over some of the floral arrangements and succulents in a flower shop, and so he went back and got this one for me :) It has gold rocks in it, its pretty cool.
*
I DO have to go back though and take pictures of the mall here for you. It was incredible inside. Much much fancier than just our run of the mill malls. Like I've said before though, this country has A LOT of money, or I should say, those that have money in this country have LOTS of it. Most of the stores are really high end and designer name stores. Many are out of our league price wise, but there's a GAP coming soon! Yay! I wonder if the prices will be comparable or if they'll be just slightly raised, like the Ikea?
*
I went last night with another women to this women's get together that meets once a month. It was good overall, there was a speaker that was really interesting. She is a Kuwait women that was here during the Iraqi occupation. She told the story from her point of view as a curator and somewhat of a protector to a collection of museum pieces that represented a lot of the Islamic history and is worth many billions. She was very well educated and nice to listen to. She had gone to school in London, so she had a British accent. I was talking to her casually before she started speaking, and didn't even realize that she was the speaker. She's very educated in islamic art and architecture, which I have always been drawn to, so it was extra interesting for me.

4 comments:

  1. I love your Valentine's Day gift from Jason! Glad to hear that you are mingling too! Are you guys moved into the house yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Write me more about your conversation with the woman above. Sounds like you made an impression on each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with your Mom on the conversation with the woman above. Any chance she'd be a good job contact? She sounds fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet little plant too!

    ReplyDelete