Antiques!






So our trip out to the desert was cancelled because of another dust storm. I'm kind of glad we didn't try to brave it, because you look at the sky (like in my earlier post) and just think "what am I breathing in!?"
*
So we're home and its a lazy Saturday morning here. I've watched two movies while I've done things around the house and will go to the gym soon.
*
I just added the mall post last night and I wanted to wait a day to put up this one, but I got bored :) So make sure you scroll down to see my last post too!
*
We went to Gloria's antique shop yesterday. It was AMAZING. I can't wait to go back. Its not a store, its a mansion that's just filled with antiques. The owner is a British woman who's husband, and I think a whole team, buys pieces from all over including scrap wood from old demolished Indian buildings and brings them back and carves them into beautiful art. She is obviously doing very well for herself because she just rents that property for the shop. She doesn't even live in it. There is a courtyard in between the house, the workshop and the guest house that makes you feel like you're on some tropical resort because the walls surrounding the land are tall enough that you can't see the desert around you. Its also a block from the ocean, so you can smell the sea as you walk around.
*
We found two pieces that I really loved. They're not in the pictures above. One was already sold and the other was on hold for someone else (figures, right?). So we'll keep looking. One was a 4 panel carved screen that had hand painted flowers on it. The other was just a chunk of wood that was about 5' long and about 2' tall with intricate carvings on it. I think it'd look really cool hung on a wall. I'll share our future finds, because we are definitely going back!

2 comments:

  1. so unique - I can only imagine that this is your new favorite place - you are going to have to put a limit on how many times you are allowed to visit it :) what little treasures you are discovering every day - thanks again for sharing w/ us Whitney - hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be so hard for me not to buy EVERYTHING in there... everything's so geometric. I love it!

    ReplyDelete